The Cimmi's

The Cimmi's

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's been awhile...








I am getting re-aquainted with my blog. I decided that it is about time to do a little updating. Much has happened since my last post 4 months ago. Danny turned 7, Addyson turned 4, Colton turned 3 months, 4 months, and 5 months, we have had Thanksgiving, Christmas and lots of stuff in between. I am convinced that the more kids you have, the faster time goes. I can't believe that my little Colton is going to be 6 months old in a couple of weeks. Didn't I just find out I was pregnant????? Danny and Caleb were thrilled to be out of school for 2 weeks for "winter break" (or for us folks who believe in Jesus call it......CHRISTMAS) and I loved having them home with me. Today was the dreaded day that they had to return and my house was quiet. I missed them and so did Addyson and Colton. We had fun this Christmas season. We did a Christmas activity everyday. Somedays it was big, like making a Christmas pillow to sleep with and other days it was low key like watching Polar Express and drinking hot chocolate with their own personal hole punch of course. We had a good Christmas. We found this great thing to do as our activity leading up to the big day. It is called What God wants for Christmas. It is from the makers of the resurrection eggs. It is basically the same concept. It was super fun and the kids LOVED it. They learned so much about what happened surrounding Christs birth. I was amazed at how much they retained. Here is the website. I purchased mine at Lifeway.
www.wgwfc.com
I will post some pics of the kiddos over the last couple of months. Danny had his first sleep over in October for his 7th birthday. It was tons of fun. We surprised him with a moonwalk and I am not sure who liked it more, me and Danny or the kids. What a special time. I am blessed to be his mom.
Addyson had a little gym party. Super fun as well.....and super easy. Little Gym parties are definetly the way to go if you are "partied out". They did everything for me and all the kids had a wonderful time. For my family October is a crazy month since we have 4 birthdays in our family not to mention my sister as well. Little Danny is the 1st, I am the 6th, Addyson is the 14th, my sis is the 15th, and Danny si the 20th. So, all help is welcomed for parties that month. By the time we get to Danny's b-day we are partied out. It is a definite weight gain month for me since I LOVE birthday cake. WHITE birthday cake with buttercream icing to be exact.
Thanksgiving was good stuff. It is always nice to spend time with family. We traveled to Dannys family in Shiner and then went to Corpus to see my parent as well. We have alot to be thankful for. I feel so blessed to have 4 healthy children and a wonderful husband.
Danny and I also started AWANA's with the kids as Cubbie leaders. I have such a great time helping these little 4 year olds learn God's word. I am amazed every Sunday at what they can learn. It makes Sundays so crazy but at the end of AWANA's we always walk out feeling so blessed to be a part of these little kids learning how to hide God's word in their heart. And it is soooo much fun to watch our kids learn the verses and be so proud that they are learning the Bible. Good stuff for sure. If your kiddo is not involved in an AWANA program, find one to join! You can join at anytime during the year. You can go the www.AWANA.org website to find a program near you.
My New Years resolution is to blog often so hopefully this will get me caught up so I can start fresh now.....until my next blog.....

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Cute Pictures!! I am so glad that you had a great Christmas!! Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete