The Cimmi's

The Cimmi's

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Waiting......


Well, I am actually 36 1/2 weeks and still pregnant. I feel like I am past due because historically I have already delivered by this point. I had a doctor appointment on Tuesday and the doctor examined me. I am shocked and discouraged to say that I am not even a finger tip dilated and not effaced AT ALL! My weight gain has stopped and I really haven't gained anything in the past 3 weeks. My doc said that is very common in the last month of pregnancy but not so much during weeks 33-36. On top of that my abdobmen has not really gotten that much bigger so he was a little worried. He sent me over to L&D to be monitored and get an ultrasound to check baby growth and fluid level. The baby looked great. He is measuring at 7lbs. I have never had a baby that big before. Caleb was my biggest at 6lb 7oz. It was great to see his sweet face on ultrasound. We walked out feeling very relieved that everything checked out to be good. So, now we are just waiting and analyzing every cramp and braxton hicks that comes my way. I pray that the baby comes in God's perfect timing but if the baby is healthy, soon would be great. If I am still not dilated by my next Tuesday's doctor appt then I will start wallking and eating some spicy foods. Hopefully the next post will include pictures of our precious Colton Lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment